Lactic Acid Bacillus
Flora l Tablet
Each tablet contains : Lactic Acid Bacillus (Spores) 150 million.
- Lactobacilli have an inhibitory effect on other organism by producing lactic acid in the intestine. This inhibitory action has been observed against the growth of some pathogenic enterococci, colibacillus, salmonella, shigella, proteus, pseudomonas, vibrio, yeasts, (Candida or monilia) etc.
- Some Lactobacilli produce a specific antimicrobial substance or produce a metabolite to neutralize the enterotoxin form Escherichia coli.
- Lactobacilli check the growth of putrefying microflora of the gut and control production of ammonia, toxic amines, phenols and hydrogen sulphide.
- Lactobacilli increase the activity of useful enzymes e.g. B-galactosidase in the alleviation of Lactose Intolerance
- Lactobacilli suppress the enzymatic activities of B-glucuronidase, azoreductase and B-glucosidase and thus alleviation chances of cancer in human subjects
- Lactobacilli produce vitamins, especially B—complex group of vitamins which are required for many enzymatic processes of human body.
- Production of lactic acid by Lactobacilli in the intestine help better utilization of calcium, phosphorus and iron and stimulate bowel movement by producing lactic acid and relieve constipation.
- Lactobacilli produce enzyme phosphoprotein phosphatase to help digestion of the protein present in human milk. They elaborate enzyme amylase which aids digestion of starchy food of diet.
- Lactobacilli, from exogenous source, assist in the restoration and maintenance of normal physiological bacterial flora of the oral and intestinal tract following antibiotic therapy and in stress situations. They also control the diarrohea caused by antibiotics and rotaviruses.
- Research in more recent years, however, has shown some additional benefits which can be derived from the use of Lactobacilli. These include Hepatic encephalopathy, Anti tumor activity, Anticholesterolaemic effects (Assimilation of Cholesterol), Migraine (headache) etc.
Gives effective help in acute and chronic intestinal catarrh, diarrhoea, constipation, abnormal fermentation in the intestines (putrefaction in intestines). Dyspepsia, Green stools, underdeveloped infants, nutritional disturbances in infants, white diarrhoea in infants (pseudocholera infantum). Leucorrhoea - to replenish the vaginal flora. Intestinal conditioning after antibiotic therapy and chemotherapy. Supportive therapy for urticaria, eczema, strophulus infantum.
Dosage and Administration
Flora–L 1/2 tab three times a day.
Flora–L 1 tab three times a day.
Flora–L 1/2 to 1 tab three times a day.
1tablet twice daily for 15 days followed by 1 tablet daily for 1 month. TABLETS TO BE TAKEN ORALLY The tablets could be swallowed, chewed or dispersed in a teaspoon of water and taken
None have been reported.
Strip of 10 tablets, box of 10 Strips.